County Emergency Management will test all components of the Lincoln Alerts emergency notification system in preparation for seasonal wildfire conditions. A specific focus of the systems test will be on the Lincoln Alerts mobile app (powered by Everbridge) and the functionality of receiving information back from those who received the message.
Community members can participate in the county-wide test in the following ways:
- Opt-in and create a Lincoln Alerts profile for each member of your household if you have not already done so.
- Update your current opt-in profiles to make sure your contact information and addresses are up to date.
- Download the mobile app and log-in (must have a Lincoln Alerts account first).
- During the Test:
- Confirm the Lincoln Alerts test message on any of the devices in your profile or your residential or business landline phones.
- Confirm the mobile app message and send back a photo through the mobile app to County Emergency Management confirming the ability to communicate to public safety officials during emergency events.
- Monitor local media partner sites (radio, digital) during the test timeframe to confirm you received a notification through an alternative source.
- Post Test:
- Complete the County Emergency Management on-line participant survey to provide feedback on the test.