Renters in Oregon must take a step to be covered under the current statewide eviction moratorium that will last until June 30, 2021. With limited exceptions, landlords cannot evict renters for nonpayment or without cause until July of 2021 — if renters sign and return a form to their landlord if they can’t afford their rent. Renters who do not return the form are not protected, and can be evicted!
In order to be protected from eviction, you will need to take the following steps:
- Download the declaration of financial hardship form.
- Sign the declaration of financial hardship form.
- Return the form to your landlord as soon as possible (keep a copy for your records!) Renters can return the form by text, email, first class mail, personal delivery, or fax.
Find the form here: courts.oregon.gov. If you have questions or need legal information you can contact one of these agencies:
Renters can give the form to their landlord at any time, up until the first appearance in eviction court. But renters should give the form to their landlords as soon as possible.
Message from the Health Department Director, Rebecca Austen, RN
Great news! Eligibility for Phase 1B – Group 6 has been moved up in Lincoln County to Monday, March
22nd. What does this mean for you?
- If you are 65 and older, Phase 1A, or Phase 1B groups 1 – 5, sign up for our several open
clinics NOW! We sent an email on Thursday to all of those eligible people on our waitlist. If for
some reason the notice did not get to you, contact our call center Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Contact information below.
- If you are in Phase 1B Group 6, make sure you are on our waitlist so you can get notification
of clinic availability on Monday. Our county is getting more vaccine and we have increased our
capacity at clinics. Eligibility details and waitlist links are below.
- Sign up for “Get Vaccinated Oregon” (GVO) as well. This is a new tool from the state that will
text or email you open clinics when you are eligible and wherever they will accept you. This is
separate than our local county waitlist, but it is much easier to update your account with GVO.
Lincoln County may go to using this system exclusively by May 1.
- If you are in eligibility group Phase 1B Group 7, your eligibility date has moved up too! Group
7 is now eligible April 19th. Make sure you sign up for both our local waitlist and the state’s
Get Vaccinated Oregon program to get all notifications of clinics that you are eligible for.
- Please let your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers know about this. Lincoln County is
currently 3rd in the state in vaccination rate (behind Wheeler and Baker county) and it is YOUR
HELP that has made this happen. Thank you so much for your work helping everyone get this vaccine.
Let’s keep spreading the word to all of our residents.
Call Center: LincolnCoCallCenter@co.lincoln.or.us or 541-265-0621
Get Vaccinated Oregon: https://govstatus.egov.com/find-covid-19-vaccine Lincoln County Waitlist:
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b978127d73214b59a137cfcf80d3ad24 Vaccine Eligibility Groups: