Kenneth Murphy, the Lincoln City Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, offers the follow ideas to stay safe celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. While knowing that some of our most vulnerable community members are vaccinated provides hope, there are still many more of us waiting to be vaccinated in the next few months.
That means the safest way to celebrate this year is to celebrate with the people you live with, to gather virtually or to gather outside while wearing face coverings and maintaining 6 feet of physical distance.
Here are some ideas for celebrating safely:
- Decorate your home in St. Patrick’s Day colors, shamrocks and leprechauns.
- Celebrate by making Irish-inspired recipes.
- Have a small outdoor St. Patrick’s Day celebration with everyone at least 6 feet apart and wearing masks.
- Watch a virtual St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- And don’t forget to wear green.