The Oregon Health Authority is providing free private well testing vouchers to property owners impacted by the 2020 Labor Day wildfires.
How it works:
- If you’re eligible for the program, apply online.
- OHA will send you a voucher that covers the cost of a having a certified laboratory test a sample of your well water.
- Follow OHA’s guidance on how to assess your well, and collect a water sample.
- Submit the sample and voucher to a laboratory for testing. The voucher will cover the cost of the lab test.
- OHA will contact you with your test results and next steps.
More information, eligibility criteria and applications are online. Application deadline is May 15 2021, while supplies last.
Note: You do not need to participate in the Step 2 cleanup program to qualify for OHA’s well testing voucher.